June 2022 Webinar: Decision-Making in the Age of Big Data
Presentation: Decision-Making in the Age of Big Data
Speaker: Dr. Errol Wirasinghe
When: Thursday, June 30, 2022 (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM CST)
FREE Webinar for PMI Heartland Members
Dr. Errol Wirasinghe, started life as an Engineering Apprentice working as a welder, and blacksmith. Subsequently, he graduated as Valedictorian, and obtained his Ph.D. in the UK. He spent 27 years as a Research Scientist, Univ. Professor, and Oil & Gas Engineer/Consultant. Then in 1999, changed careers to focus on “Decision-Making” and “Negotiating” (training and consulting). He has published books on “Decision-making”, and on “Negotiating”.
Additionally, he owned & operated two retail stores; Founded an Equipment Leasing Company, and also founded a Procurement Company, supplying to Oil Companies in Angola.
He has lived, worked in Asia, Mid-East, Europe, North America and South America, working for Abu Dhabi National Oil Co., Petroleos de Venezuela, British Gas, Enron Corp., and the Univ. of Zulia (Lectured in Spanish).
Among his clients are: Shell Oil Co.; The US Navy; Wal-Mart, Technip, General Dynamics, Applied Materials, AREVA, to name a few.
He was honored by the Society of Petroleum Engineers as one of their 2009-10 Distinguish Lecturers.
This workshops give an insight into the tools, and techniques, available to make decisions that are timely, consistent, optimal, and defensible.
The key message: Today, in the face of information overload, and choice overload, our decision-making tends to become overly influenced by personal biases, intuition, prior experience, illusions, and perception.
Some of the highlights:
- Recognize human irrationality and illusions that creep into decision making
- Understand key factors that impact decision making
- Make bid-evaluation and vendor-selection defensible
- Present and defend decisions with ease
- Define and utilize appropriate criteria in the decision-making process
- Implement an analytic hierarchal methodology when making decisions
- Minimize risk by validating decisions
- Recognize, and identifying the Perils & Pitfalls of Decision-Making
- Learn about Decision-Contamination, and Decision-Manipulation
- Get an insight into Analytical Decision-Making, as a remedy
It is no longer possible to register for this event